words, words, words










 
Archives
<< current

If you'd like to volunteer for the Russ Carnahan campaign for U.S. Congress Please give our offices a call at 534-2004 or email me at stephen@russcarnahan.org

biologic show
secret kings
waremouse
cucalambe
chrisafer
dogpoet
brent
salon
jeff
cho
rob



places to visit:
Center for Theology and Social Analysis
Lynda Barry
astralwerks
Sherman's Lagoon




Another place I write:
Queerday




relevant pasts:
fear of sunrise
manboylove
peaceful
soup
objection
who are you?
birthday
one year










 
If I begin to detail myself here, will you understand?



P. I am me
Q. I don't always know exactly who that is
R. I am Quaker
S. I like words and playing with them
T. I like genmaicha tea
U. I like the word napkin more than most others
V. I spend time walking my neighborhood
W. I cook rice often
X. I sleep well most every night
Y. I eat large amounts of fruit and vegetables
Z. I munch, sleep, write, create, cook, bike, watch, walk, listen, hope, learn, drink, live, breathe, touch, know, question, taste, copy, read, stare, carry, talk, dance, finger, try.





raisin@gmail.com



albums:

Magnetic Fields: 69 Love Songs
Erasure: I Say, I Say, I Say
Depeche Mode: Black Celebration
The Beach Boys: Pet Sounds
Marvin Gaye: What's Going On?
David Bowie: Hunky Dory
George Michael: Listen without Prejudice
George Gershwin: Porgy and Bess
Yo La Tengo: And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out


songs:

Wild is the Wind: Nina Simone
Come Undone: Duran Duran
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini: Rachmaninov
My Funny Valentine: Chet Baker
Feeling Yourself Disintegrate: The Flaming Lips
This Must Be the Place: The Talking Heads
Hyperballad: Bjork







many napkins
 
Saturday, June 14, 2003  
I grew up listening to John Denver. I still grow up while listening to John Denver. maybe you don't know him, maybe you haven't heard him say that it's goodbye again, how a relationship he has is in trouble again, right before he has to go traveling. maybe you haven't heard him sing about a sunny day, glorifying the day for everything it is, not what it could be or what it isn't. maybe you haven't heard him sing about rhyme and reason, and how some mountains are his friends, how he knows them better than many people. maybe you haven't been to colorado and gotten to know the mountains for yourself, those peaks and bulges sticking out of the ground like some beautiful wonderful god that simply exists. but i have. i have heard him croon over the flight from LA to denver and remember the feelings of skiing down the flying dutchman or looking up to the mountains while in college, how they shone in the morning after a snow while the sun shone from the east and glinted off that fresh snow, trying to blind you. but what glory and beauty! even if it does blind you, you want to look, and you want to forget that you hate the life you're in, and you start to love the life you're in, simply because the mountains are there, friends of yours who never leave.
4:44 PM

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
  (0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
Site Meter
 
This page is powered by Blogger.