words, words, words










 
Archives
<< current

If you'd like to volunteer for the Russ Carnahan campaign for U.S. Congress Please give our offices a call at 534-2004 or email me at stephen@russcarnahan.org

biologic show
secret kings
waremouse
cucalambe
chrisafer
dogpoet
brent
salon
jeff
cho
rob



places to visit:
Center for Theology and Social Analysis
Lynda Barry
astralwerks
Sherman's Lagoon




Another place I write:
Queerday




relevant pasts:
fear of sunrise
manboylove
peaceful
soup
objection
who are you?
birthday
one year










 
If I begin to detail myself here, will you understand?



P. I am me
Q. I don't always know exactly who that is
R. I am Quaker
S. I like words and playing with them
T. I like genmaicha tea
U. I like the word napkin more than most others
V. I spend time walking my neighborhood
W. I cook rice often
X. I sleep well most every night
Y. I eat large amounts of fruit and vegetables
Z. I munch, sleep, write, create, cook, bike, watch, walk, listen, hope, learn, drink, live, breathe, touch, know, question, taste, copy, read, stare, carry, talk, dance, finger, try.





raisin@gmail.com



albums:

Magnetic Fields: 69 Love Songs
Erasure: I Say, I Say, I Say
Depeche Mode: Black Celebration
The Beach Boys: Pet Sounds
Marvin Gaye: What's Going On?
David Bowie: Hunky Dory
George Michael: Listen without Prejudice
George Gershwin: Porgy and Bess
Yo La Tengo: And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out


songs:

Wild is the Wind: Nina Simone
Come Undone: Duran Duran
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini: Rachmaninov
My Funny Valentine: Chet Baker
Feeling Yourself Disintegrate: The Flaming Lips
This Must Be the Place: The Talking Heads
Hyperballad: Bjork







many napkins
 
Tuesday, June 17, 2003  
i'm sorting through old books and things down in the basement today. i must purge in order to move to a smaller apartment this fall. all these words that i've carried with me so far. many of them i've spent hours with, some i bought in the hopes of reading them without ever reaching that goal. i have always been a bookworm, since my brother taught me to read before i entered school. i protested but my mother let him force me to read out of the big book with the pigs on front of it. when i was in elementary, i would walk with a book in front of me, to class, sometimes even during recess. my dad used to kick me out of the house to go play, and not let me take my book with me. i never knew what to do. i dont' read so much anymore, having found so many other things to spend my time doing, like writing, cycling, talking, cooking, and playing. but i still have books, ghosts in a way, of a reading past, the words of so many dead people, mostly white men. but i've been preparing myself for this purge, repeatedly convincing myself that this stuff is worthless, that i don't need to own as much as i do, that carrying such baggage is a waste of space, time, and the angst revealed when trying to give it away. so now i have three boxes full of books i'm giving away. i probably still have that many that i'm keeping, but at least i'm making a good start. maybe in a more advanced state, i'll be able to give more away. there aren't too many things i need to keep; i've been filling my head up with so many ideas, i can flush all those physical things, quite happy to entertain myself in the freedom of thought.
1:56 PM

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
  (0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
Site Meter
 
This page is powered by Blogger.