words, words, words










 
Archives
<< current

If you'd like to volunteer for the Russ Carnahan campaign for U.S. Congress Please give our offices a call at 534-2004 or email me at stephen@russcarnahan.org

biologic show
secret kings
waremouse
cucalambe
chrisafer
dogpoet
brent
salon
jeff
cho
rob



places to visit:
Center for Theology and Social Analysis
Lynda Barry
astralwerks
Sherman's Lagoon




Another place I write:
Queerday




relevant pasts:
fear of sunrise
manboylove
peaceful
soup
objection
who are you?
birthday
one year










 
If I begin to detail myself here, will you understand?



P. I am me
Q. I don't always know exactly who that is
R. I am Quaker
S. I like words and playing with them
T. I like genmaicha tea
U. I like the word napkin more than most others
V. I spend time walking my neighborhood
W. I cook rice often
X. I sleep well most every night
Y. I eat large amounts of fruit and vegetables
Z. I munch, sleep, write, create, cook, bike, watch, walk, listen, hope, learn, drink, live, breathe, touch, know, question, taste, copy, read, stare, carry, talk, dance, finger, try.





raisin@gmail.com



albums:

Magnetic Fields: 69 Love Songs
Erasure: I Say, I Say, I Say
Depeche Mode: Black Celebration
The Beach Boys: Pet Sounds
Marvin Gaye: What's Going On?
David Bowie: Hunky Dory
George Michael: Listen without Prejudice
George Gershwin: Porgy and Bess
Yo La Tengo: And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out


songs:

Wild is the Wind: Nina Simone
Come Undone: Duran Duran
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini: Rachmaninov
My Funny Valentine: Chet Baker
Feeling Yourself Disintegrate: The Flaming Lips
This Must Be the Place: The Talking Heads
Hyperballad: Bjork







many napkins
 
Tuesday, July 01, 2003  
July first has always been a day to look forward to on the calendar, to count the days until, to tell people about. i remember my mother used to make chocolate cake with white icing and m&m's stuck all in the icing. the cake wasn't really so good, but the m&m's she stuck on it made it all worthwhile. I would often have french toast that morning, and always got to pick a restaurant for that night, many times a japanese one. i had a few parties when i was younger, but none i remember too well - i always stressed over who to invite, and how well they would get along with each other. in high school, my mother would often let me off work for the day, although i don't quite remember what i did. i always appreciated that July first fell halfway between christmas, so there were two days equidistant from each other that i would receive presents. when i turned eighteen, it was my second day of basic training at the u.s. air force academy. I didn't tell anyone besides my roommate. In fact, i had a number of bad first of july's during college, until my last one, when my brother was in town, and several friends met us out at T.G.I. Friday's for my twenty-first July first. How good it felt to have him around me, liking me, and meeting some good friends of mine, none of whom i really know now. several times, i've been almost totally alone, having just moved into town, like in sacramento for twenty-two and st louis for twenty-five. that was when i would just take a long bike ride in the morning, and revel in the solitude, loving every minute that I could. see, i learned in college that it wasn't so much about what you did but how much you allowed yourself to enjoy it. if you go through the day thinking, this is going to be a good day, and nothing can knock me down, you can get a flat tire on your bike and have to walk five miles in your incredibly uncomfortable bike shoes, and still enjoy the trees and the air and wearing spandex.
now that it's past midnight, and officially july first, i have a lot on my mind. I have, for years, looked forward to twenty-seven, knowing that I would be out of the air force by then, but not sure what would be going on in my life. and that is true, my life is in one of the best spots it's ever had. i have wonderful friends right here in town; my future looks incredible; i am more comfortable with myself than I have ever been; and I am growing closer and closer to my mother, whom i often miss very much though I try to hide it. i also have vanilla rice milk and vanilla yogurt for breakfast when i wake up. not to mention a planned bike ride, with a spare tube just in case. i dont' have everything, but then, that's impossible, so i'll take what i have and do my best to love it, even the heat of the st louis summer, let it wrap me in its warmth and help me to grow into twenty-seven, a man who has learned so much in his past, that life can be wonderful and sad, but is most often best taken with a light attitude, trusting more in revolution, the fact that things keep on turning instead of wishing they would stay the same or converge into one line. tomorrow might be even better than today.

12:38 AM

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
  (0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
Site Meter
 
This page is powered by Blogger.