words, words, words










 
Archives
<< current

If you'd like to volunteer for the Russ Carnahan campaign for U.S. Congress Please give our offices a call at 534-2004 or email me at stephen@russcarnahan.org

biologic show
secret kings
waremouse
cucalambe
chrisafer
dogpoet
brent
salon
jeff
cho
rob



places to visit:
Center for Theology and Social Analysis
Lynda Barry
astralwerks
Sherman's Lagoon




Another place I write:
Queerday




relevant pasts:
fear of sunrise
manboylove
peaceful
soup
objection
who are you?
birthday
one year










 
If I begin to detail myself here, will you understand?



P. I am me
Q. I don't always know exactly who that is
R. I am Quaker
S. I like words and playing with them
T. I like genmaicha tea
U. I like the word napkin more than most others
V. I spend time walking my neighborhood
W. I cook rice often
X. I sleep well most every night
Y. I eat large amounts of fruit and vegetables
Z. I munch, sleep, write, create, cook, bike, watch, walk, listen, hope, learn, drink, live, breathe, touch, know, question, taste, copy, read, stare, carry, talk, dance, finger, try.





raisin@gmail.com



albums:

Magnetic Fields: 69 Love Songs
Erasure: I Say, I Say, I Say
Depeche Mode: Black Celebration
The Beach Boys: Pet Sounds
Marvin Gaye: What's Going On?
David Bowie: Hunky Dory
George Michael: Listen without Prejudice
George Gershwin: Porgy and Bess
Yo La Tengo: And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out


songs:

Wild is the Wind: Nina Simone
Come Undone: Duran Duran
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini: Rachmaninov
My Funny Valentine: Chet Baker
Feeling Yourself Disintegrate: The Flaming Lips
This Must Be the Place: The Talking Heads
Hyperballad: Bjork







many napkins
 
Wednesday, November 03, 2004  
My candidate won - he'll be going to the U.S. House of Representatives. I'm proud of the work we've done to give him the chance to represent this district. My parting gift to St Louis. I'm not overly enthused because of the presidential election, but I'm trying to focus on personal accopmplishments and my upcoming move. I'll be in the District of Columbia next week, looking for a job, buliding a new home, dating a new man. I've sold my car, reserved a truck, and am anticipating biking through the streets again!

I'm also closing this weblog. I haven't been keeping it updated enough for the past six months. I don't write enough here, and am enjoying keeping my thoughts to my own personal writing. But what a time it's been. I started this blog to have somewhere to write about my feelings while sitting bored at work in the Air Force. It became a large part of me, a source of pride, of writing examples. I've exchanged good words with a goodly amount of people. Mostly, though, I've opened myself more than I ever thought possible. i feel powerful, strong enough to state my opinions, strong enough to understand my feelings. I'm anxious to move, to make choices I was denied while in the military. I still have parts to open, parts i won't reveal here or now. But I'm working on those, too, growing and expanding all the time. my eyes, my arms, my head, my heart, open to possibility, to the great perhaps.

It's misty in the central west end district of St Louis tonight. I love the way the trees and the houses drip at night in the fuzzy street light. I love the way my mind drifts after having too much to do for too long. This last weekend though, I gained more than I could have expected, walking in poor, mostly African-American neighborhoods, encouraging people to vote. I felt accepted, surprisingly enough. They were excited to vote, many of them had already voted when i talked to them on Tuesday. We felt powerful together, and maybe that's what being an American is all about (African or European). i never think of myself as an American; i'd much rather wear a flag upside down or half burnt in recognition of the suffering we've caused. But I can't discount the marvels we have here. I learned more about our greatness this past month than I have in my whole life.

I left the Air Force Academy in 1998 with a string of quotes in my head and printed underneath my picture in the yearbook. Only a few words were of my own making, thankful for help in finding my napkin. The string of words that follow me now are mine, and i am thankful for the help in finding my voice. And I have so many more napkins.

11:06 PM

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
  (0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
Site Meter
 
This page is powered by Blogger.